At Irish Horizons, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it is obtained, processed, shared, and stored. By visiting www.irishhorizons.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The data controller is Irish Horizons (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”). Irish Horizons is part of Tour Partner Group (referred to in this policy as “group”). Tour Partner Group consists of Irish Horizons, Irish Welcome Tours, Hotels & More, Authentic Vacations and Trans Nordic Tours.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by writing to Irish Horizons, Blackthorn Exchange, Bracken Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, D18 W6N4
How do we collect information?
Information you give us on our website:
- You submit your name, e-mail and other contact details on our “Contact us” form or when you send an e-mail or subscribe to our newsletter.
Information we may collect about you when you visit our website:
We use Google Analytics to measure visitors and may automatically collect information such as:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP), address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
- Products you viewed or searched for; page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Our site may on occasion contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other group websites or work with any other group company
How do we use the information and what is the legal basis for processing the data?
Under GDPR we use the lawful basis 'legitimate interests' to use (or 'process') your personal information. When you provide your contact details, we use your information for:
- Legitimate business interests to provide you with marketing services or products related to offering travel solutions worldwide for tourism businesses (B2B).
- contacting you regarding your job application
This is how we use your data:
- By subscribing to our newsletter, your data may be used to send offers & specials throughout the year.
- We may also use your data for mailings which include your name and e-mail address that you have provided. We use the information to send offers and information about our products.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site and ensure that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Will your data be shared?
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- With “data processors” who act on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf. These functions include administration, providing services, customer care, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Irish Horizons or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
How do we protect your data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are hosted by https://www.sungardas.com/en-IE/ and can only be accessed by authorised and trained members of staff.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we keep your data?
We will store your details in our database and use it for marketing purposes until you use the opt-out option. Details of clients who are “inactive” (had no business transactions in the past 5 years) will either be updated, verified or deleted.
These are your rights:
- Access to information: you can send a written request and ask what information we hold about you, how we process and safeguard it. We will supply the information free of charge and within 1 month. You can also obtain a copy of the information.
- Rectification: if the information you have provided to us is incorrect or incomplete, you can contact us to correct, supplement or delete any incorrect data.
- Right to be forgotten: you can request that we delete your personal data.
- Right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority: if you are unhappy with any aspect of our handling of your data, you can make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner
Please send requests related to your rights to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Irish Horizons, Blackthorn Exchange, Bracken Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, D18 W6N4, Ireland